Here at GPS, we strive to minimise the environmental impact of our activities by adopting good sustainable practices.
We have been operating an environmental management system - which has been externally certified to ISO 14001 international standard - since 1999. This has proved to be an effective framework within which we continually mitigate the impact of our business activities on the environment and with the aim of delivering sustainable business philosophy.
The management structure has clearly defined environmental responsibilities and measurable objectives (listed below), that are regularly reviewed and updated, ensuring that our commitment is clearly defined and that our progresss in delivering that commitment is monitored and accountable. Our environmental targets include:
- A reduction in the amount of waste we send to landfill
- An increase in the amount of waste we recycle
- A reduction in water consumption
- A reduction in energy consumption and increased energy efficiency
- An increase in the amount of scrap process polyethylene that is recycled (both at our own sites and at customer sites)
- An increase in the amount of wood we recycle
- A reduction in our carbon emissions.
GPS is a member of TEPPFA, The European Plastics Pipe and Fittings Association. The objectives of TEPPFA are to play an active role in questions relating to the environment and sustainable development and to provide for European representation in the areas of environment, certification and standardisation and promotion of plastic pipe systems.